Saturday, September 5, 2009

I lothe running

Yep, I said it. I didn't mean to type a 'v' I LOTHE RUNNING.


It makes my knees hurt, my hips hurt and makes it feel like my skin is too tight. My face gets hot, and my hands feel all sausage-y. I'm reminded of all of my extra bouncy parts, since, you know, running makes them bounce.


Tonight I didn't have to wun, I got to walk, but it was a hill workout, so it was still tough.


My husband did similar and was so focused on "running" that when I asked if he saw the deer in two different places that I did, he wasn't sure.


I however, had a deer watch me for a good half mile, down a hill, and up again, and then saw a mom & her baby tentatively cross the street in front of me.


The moral is this. I'm slow, but I'm aware of what's around me. I'm trying to notice the air, the ground, the sky. Anything that will take my mind off of how much I f***ing HATE running.


Short post tonight- excited to see several of my tri girls for an open water swim tomorrow. Can't believe that the TREK is only 2 weeks away! More frightening, my 1st 5k, next Saturday.


Finally, I give you some pics by ImageArts Photography of my tri last weekend. There aren't any that are happy, so I will not highlight many, but if you've ever wondered what I look like... and in a wetsuit no less, see if you can pick my 5 pics out on this page.


Here's a hint, my finishing pic (also courtesy ImageArts)... it's kind of tempting to just do a little virtical squeeze & make me skinny, but that's not the point.

On to the next race. And here's hoping I'm crossing the finsh line smiling this time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment