Friday, May 15, 2009

Rest Day

Fridays are my official rest day. Not that I need it yet, but by the end of next week I will.

I'm very excited that I was able to order a 38K sports bra. Will have to update if it works when it gets here. I also found a swim top that comes in my size, both at LindaTheBraLady.com. They've got some cute bikini tops, but my belly is still in hiding. Can't imagine only one triathlon is going to change that, but with that and my Sunday AM Pilates sessions... a girl can dream, right?

So for rest day, they had out team watch an inspirational thingy with a woman's pics of her 1st tri, and I started to wonder, do people actually run in swim suits? I was thinking that I would just pretend like my sports bra is a bikini top (no one will care about the belly that early in the morning with much hotter women around, right?) and wear my tankini boy cut bottoms. But perhaps I'll need something one piece too? I've spent way too much time worrying about gear for this, but it keeps me from worrying that I will actually be able to do this.

Tomorrow we have bike training, checking the heart rate limits again. Sunday is swimming. I think I will feel a little stronger about all of this once I've been in a pool. I'm not sure how long it has been since I've swum laps... but I don't think 20 years is a major stretch.

It seems like most of the people who sign up for these things have been an althlete of some sort in the past. Me, I quit after playing JV basketball in 7th & 8th grade. Even then I didn't love the exercise, I was there for the fun. But I was not great, and I have a bad streak to my competitive spirit that I don't like to play if I don't think I can win.

If I had a stupid slim-fast instead of my usual coffee & breakfast cookie this AM... Coffee ice cream now is not that big of a deal when I've got to be in Redmond for an 8a workout tomorrow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment