Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wonderful (Water) Weekend

This weekend, I rode my bike 5 miles, swam for the first time in I have NO CLUE how long, and walked/jogged 2.5 miles. Oh, and chaparoned a Prom, got a spray tan... and didn't do any laundry.

The bike ride was good, although having a fairly heavy 15 year old mountian bike does make me feel at a disadvantage, but I know what I'm doing.

Swimming started a little scary. I jumped in the deep end, tried to just start swimming, and promptly had a panic attack. Luckily I remembered to tread water and then roll onto my back until I could calm down. I need to spend some of my water time working on breathing, since my lung power evidently sucks (meaning I suck in water) and I can not take as many strokes as I would like before I breathe, and I need to figure out how to not breathe in water, but I feel like I CAN do it. That was my biggest worry, that I'd been out of the water too long, but I spent so much time doing recreational swimming and taking some lessons as a child, it actually came back to me.

So no I know, I WILL be able to so this. Trek Tri here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment