Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world

Yes, I've had "Don't Stop Believing" stuck in my head for days. I blame Glee, and Bedtime Stories, which we watched with my son about the time it started...

Tonight was a swim. Swimming is deceptively tiring. I did the whole length of what I'll do for the tri, a half of a mile in about 40 min, and felt like I could keep going forever. Unfortunately, I felt much more that way with my practice fins on.

The good news is that I didn't have to stop and float on my back at all. I at least made it to the wall before I took a short rest.

The bad news? I think I swim much more slowly when I'm not training with my team.

Since I'm going to do a little more outreach to recruit people to my little blog here, just want to explain my purpose again. Part of what I want to do is a social networking experiment, to see if I can get attention to the effort. But my MAIN point here is to prove to myself, and anyone else who is interested, that I can do this.

My stated goal is to get ONE woman who didn't think that she could do something like a tri to go for it. But to get to that goal, I'll need to know what YOU think? What keeps you from giving it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment