Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Swish Swish Song

Ok, so it's not a song, but I discovered last night why I NEED to have music when I walk/run. So that I don't have to listen to the sound of my chub rub swishing as I moved.

I took the dog with me for the first time, and it amazed me that I could hear his nails click on the sidewalk over the sound.

It amazed me I could hear my breath wheeze when I was trying to push my heart rate over the sound.

It seemed so loud, I half expected people to come out of their houses to yell, "What the hell is that Swish Swish sound??"

Needless to say, next run/walk will involve music. And since it's my 1st brick tomorrow with the team (we're doing a bike/run set) it will not involve the dog.

Had to miss another day today- more meetings for DH until after dark/too late for the gym. Considering getting out my Pilates DVD just so that I don't feel like a total waste, but it's REALLY hot (for a Seattle girl) so it's hard to convince myself to move. Perhaps once DH falls asleep- I can make him take the dog so that he doesn't try to lick me while I work out. (Dog, not husband. That would be awkward.)

Will update after tomorrow's brick if I can run in my bike Skort with out feeling like I'm wearing a diaper or having to pull it up the whole time. Fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment